Adamantem Consulting Engineers with headquarters in Cavite City is seeking a highly-qualified Licensed Senior Structural Engineer with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience and expertise in high rise building design, investigation and repair of existing building and infrastructure structural systems. The ideal candidate will have full responsibility as a Project Manager including development and maintenance of client relationships, management of project teams, management of safety issues and responsibility for all client deliverables, including technical content. At this level, the ideal candidate should be well-versed professional with a large local professional network, who develops his/her own client base, leads project teams, contributes to the company, is able to tackle complex assignments, and is an expert in one or more of the primary areas of practice of Adamantem Consulting Engineers. The employee should be active in local industry organizations, serve on technical committees, and author papers in their area of expertise while developing industry recognition. The ideal candidate would be expected to contribute to Adamantem Consulting Engineers through leadership roles, including mentoring of junior staff, participation in office and company development initiatives and business development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To coordinate and work closely with a multi-discipline design team throughout the entire life cycle of projects from planning stages, through the development of construction documents, and construction administration.
- Responsible for leading complex design efforts, and the development of drawings, specifications, and supporting engineering calculations, as well as field inspection, the resolution of RFI’s, and the review of shop drawings during construction.
- Other duties will include: client and internal meetings, providing design review and design oversight of others, technical mentoring of younger staff
- Experience in the design of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures, and a background in the design of High Rise, infrastructure, and oil and gas is required
- Research, review and develop design options for both technical and economic impact
- Analyzes research and investigation data and develops alternate schemes for solving problems
- Ability to learn to design with different design Codes
- The candidate should be able to operate effectively and concurrently with multiple projects, should be self-motivated, and possess strong leadership
- skills with an initiative to deliver high-quality, technically excellent structural design on schedule
- Ability to manage clients
- Prepares bid documents, addenda, change orders, draft investigation reports, and other work product
- Participate in Business Development Activities; develops scope of services and proposals
- Assembles appropriate project team based on needs analysis and negotiates for available resources
- Performs administrative tasks in a timely manner support office functions; maintenance of key performance indicators to monitor and improve the effectiveness of the structural and civil design department; oversee the induction, performance appraisal and training of structural and civil design team to ensure an overall increase in knowledge, experience, responsibility and individual accountability for work related actions
- Other assignments as needed
- Represent the firm in communications with the client, design consultants and contractor from post contract award, on assigned projects.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to the project to achieve time, cost, quality and safety objectives
- Monitor and report on the production of information with respect to the discipline-related services submittal progress
- Check and ensure co-ordination between discipline-related services works and all other disciplines
- Provide technical input and experience to resolve discipline-related engineering issues on the Project
- Monitor the Engineers and Inspectors performance to ensure that they are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities
- Maintain open communication with the client and contractor's discipline engineers on project related issues
- Maintain a daily project related diary
- Prepare project reports (written and photographic) on progress of works, quality and technical conformance of the works, safety and other matters
- Identify issues and risks that need to be brought to the attention of senior project management as necessary
- Actively manage the QA/QC project requirement with the related discipline
- Prepare correspondence on subject matter expertise to issue to the client/contractor as required to meet project objectives
- Review as built and O&M manuals for completeness
- Primary point of contact for Project Team Leader and senior site personnel on project related issues
- Maintain an open dialogue with the relevant authorities
- Mentor other staff
- Supervise and technically assist discipline Engineers/Inspectors
- Assist Quantity Surveyor in the assessment of contractor's claims for variation to contract
- Attend project engineering meetings
- Review the construction documents and coordinate with the other engineering discipline
- Research, establish and document the regulatory and code requirements related to the project.
- Ensure the orderly completion and timely assessment of project submittals and documentation
- Analyze configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors,
- Work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyses results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (licensed required); MS Degree in Civil Engineering highly preferred with a sound knowledge on structural engineering fundamentals
- At least 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience as structural engineer
- Proficiency with finite element structural design software and analysis
- Proficiency with the application of seismic and wind requirements of NSCP, IBC, ASCE, ACI and BS Codes
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm
- Strong Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and REVIT structure
- Proficiency in STAAD Pro, MIDAS, ETABS, SAFE, SAP 2000, MathCAD, RISA software and other relevant design analysis software
- LTO issued driver’s license
- Ability to work in the field for site inspection, data gathering, and on-site observation of work progress
- Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local workload and project location
- Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials and computer screens
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, emails, etc.
- Ability to safely work at heights
- Ability to safely use and/or operate ladders, scaffolds, lifts and other access equipments
- Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
- Ability to safely work in a variety of occupational hazards at work
- Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture/Engineering (licensed preferred but not required)
- At least one (5) years relevant work experience in structural engineering design of high-end residential, mid-rise and high-rise structures. Very proficient in structural design concepts and its application.
- Single Male/Female
- Highly proficient (speed, accuracy, and technical knowhow) in operating AutoCAD 2012 or higher
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Result-oriented candidates with high level of competencies to work within a dynamic team towards achieving remarkable result are a perfect fit
- Willing to be trained and can render overtime.
- High-level of work ethics and trustworthiness.
- Very proficient in oral and written communication
- Candidates must possess organizational and time management skills and demonstrate high professionalism and strong work ethics
- Resume/cv with 2x2 colored picture and cover letter indicating why you are a good fit in our organization
- Transcript of records (for entry-level applicants only)
- Latest NBI Clearance
- Indicate your email address, mobile number, and other contact details.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN CAVITE CITY OR NEARBY AREAS (KAWIT, NOVELETA, ROSARIO, BACOOR, TANZA, TEJERO & CAVITE CITY PROPER)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org